Ever wanted your name in lights? Well with this easy Photoshop tutorial it’s possible! Put your name in lights!
Firstly make a new document in Photoshop, you can use any old size. I’ll be using a size of 400 x 200 pixels
Now make a suitable background for the lights text.
You can make this background effect with filters by following these simple steps:
- Reset colors to Black and White then apply Filter > Render > Clouds.
- Apply Filter > Noise > Add Noise with these settings.
- Now apply Filter > Blur > Motion Blur using these or similar settings.
- Add color (CTRL+U) then Brightness & Contrast (Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast)
- Repeat Filter > Blur > Motion Blur.
And now you should have a pretty nice background effect.
The next thing to do is write out your text. Using #f1aa12 and a nice, large font write out your text on the canvas. I wrote out “FAMOUS.”
The font I used above is Arial Black, size 82 pt. Right-click the layer in the layer’s pallette then go into the Blending Options. Use the following layer styles:
And now you should have a nice-looking text effect like this: