I get a ton of questions about WordPress Plugins, and with good reason. Plugins allow WordPress users to add exciting new functionality to their blogs and websites.
Plugins are also recognized as the primary “weakness” of the WordPress ecosystem, to the point that some experts argue that you should not use them at all.
Personally, I think they are OK as long as you limit your use of them, and use them correctly.
In this podcast, I’ll share some of my favorite plugins, and also five important tips on how to use plugins to extend the functionality of your site safely.
In This Podcast You’ll Learn About:
- What are WordPress Plugins?
- Why WordPress Plugins are Great?
- Why WordPress Plugins are Not-So-Great sometimes
- Some of my favorite WordPress Plugins
- Problems with WordPress Plugins
- The Solution: How to use plugins safely
- How to choose your plugins wisely
Items Mentioned In This Podcast:
- How to Keep Your WordPress Site Secure
- Why Use WordPress For Your Business Website?
- Gravity Forms – Awesome online forms in your WordPress blog
- AWeber – My favorite email service provider, and they provide a WordPress plugin that makes it super easy to add your email opt-in form to your WordPress website or blog
- Wishlist Membership Plugin – a powerful membership site plugin for WordPress
- What is the difference between WordPress.com vs WordPress.org?
Listen to the Podcast about WordPress Plugins
You can listen to the interview by clicking the play button at the top of this post. Or you can download the MP3 audio file by clicking the download link if you’re like me and you listen to interviews on your iPod/iPhone in the car.
Complete Written Transcript of the Interview
Thank you all for listening!
Please subscribe to the podcast using the links below and look out for a new podcast like this every week.
Please subscribe below to the podcast to get automatic updates for your device: