Real-time search engine OneRiot has introduced new upgrades to its Realtime Search API for developers.
The company says it is making it easier for developers to serve real-time search results and get paid at the same time with OneRiot’s API 2.0.
Updates to OneRiot’s API 2.0 include:
- RiotWise Ads – Any developer using the OneRiot search API will now also receive RiotWise ads for the real-time web. These are relevant to the search results returned by the API. Developers can choose to display them (and get paid) or not. Use of the API is free.
- Domain search – This enables realtime search across a specific website or network.
- Vertical search – Developers can choose to receive real-time results for specific verticals such as news, videos, and images.
- Niche search – A range of niche verticals are also available, such as gadgets, politics and music.
- Tweet format – Developers can now receive search results and ads formatted like a tweet – 140 characters, including a bit.ly shortened URL. This is ideal for developers of Twitter and mobile applications working with limited real estate.