Nokia said today it is launching “Calling All Innovators 2010” a global application development contest designed to inspire creativity and change.
Submission from developers for the 2010 Calling All Innovators contest will be accepted starting on February 1, 2010. The submission deadline will be May 18, 2010.
Calling All Innovators 2010 features four categories for submissions that enhance the use of Nokia mobile devices in real-world scenarios:
– Eco/Being Green: apps that help to save the planet with innovative,
– Productivity: apps that make your life easier, and help you to be more
efficient, such as utilities, business, or personal finance
– Life Improvement: apps that positively affect the daily lives of people
living in developing countries by using the prevalence of mobile
devices to teach children and illiterate adults critical skills, and
– Entertainment: apps that bring out your inner rock star, and show off
the coolest multimedia features, including music, multimedia and games
– because mobile also has to be about having fun!