If you’re someone who likes complete customization with everything they own, then Make Ringtones on your Mac might be a program for you to check out. It allows you to create your own ringtones, and also provides 300 pre-packaged ringtone you can choose from.
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5, or PowerPC G4 (867MHz or faster) processor
- GarageBand v 4.0 or later, that’s iLife ’08 version or later, Some content requires v 5.0 the iLife ’09 version so that is preferable
- 1 gig of spare disk space
– Professionally created loops so you can create your own ringtones.
– Hundreds of interactive songs you can use as ringtones. Edit, extend, overdub, and other options to create your own custom ringtones.
– Easy-to-follow user guide.
What I Like: The options for creating, or just utilizing the 300 pre-established ringtones provides a good amount of options. A nice variety of edits make for a fun, and deep experience.
What I didn’t like: While there’s a good amount of options, there isn’t really anything overly advance for those who really want to take it to the next level. Although making ringtones isool, I would have liked to see options for exporting and relating your creations to something other than a cell phone ringtone.
Bottom Line: If you really think you need software to create a ringtone, then this has everything you need. If the program was a bit cheaper, I might be able to recommend it. As it stands, $40 should allow me with more options than what is given. Maybe a Make Ringtones on your Mac ‘PLUS’ is needed sometime down the line.