Devilish Glossy Text
In this tutorial I’ll be showing you how to make some wicked glossy text that has a devilish, cyberpunk feel.
First create a new document and make a background that suits the theme. I used a document size of 400 x 200 pixels.
To make the background shown above, follow these steps:
1) First fill the background with a red color, I used #c30202.
2) Fill a new layer with this scanline pattern.
3) Change the layer mode for the scanlines pattern layer to Soft Light and lower the opacity to 50%.
4) Reset colors (D), apply Filter > Render > Clouds in a new layer, then change the layer mode to Overlay.
5) Add a Brightness/Contrast layer (Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Brightness/Contrast) and use these settings.
Ok, now change your foreground color to a bit darker red color than your background. I used #9f0505. Now write out your text with a nice, grungy font.
The above font I used is called Marvelous DSG and you can download it from here.
Now we get to make the text look really sleek. Right-click the text layer in the layers palette then use the following layer styles and settings:
• Inner Shadow
• Outer Glow
• Bevel and Emboss
• Gradient Overlay
• Pattern Overlay (Download.)
(Note: To make an image into a pattern, open the image, select all (ctrl+a), then go to Edit > Define Pattern.)
Be sure to have paid attention to the sreenshots, and your text should now look like this: