You’ll be creating something like this:
First off, create a new document – 750 px by 75 px.
1. Fill the canvas with a nice blue. I used #00a2ff
2. Set the blending options of that layer to these screenshots:
3. Insert a new layer and draw a white rectangle on about half of the canvas like this:
4. Set the opacity of that layer to about 12% give or take.
5. Now you have your main base of the navigation bar, add your text. I used VERDANA, with the font size 12px and no anti alias for the text.
Thats basically it! Have fun! Any questions just comment!