Recently I had compiled a listing of AJAX frameworks
AJAX framework for JAVA
AJAX framework for PHP
tppAJAX is a lightweight, yet feature-rich PHP and Ajax toolkit that is compatible with PHP versions 4 and 5.
- Now Integrated with Scriptaculous!
- Works in the newest browsers from Microsoft and Mozilla and in Linux web browsers too!
- tppAJAX supports true form submissions – variables available in $_POST using PHP
- Lightweight easy-to-use PHP code generates output for Ajax interactions
- Architecture encourages business logic to remain on the server not where hackers can see it.
- Multiple connections can be communicating at any one time with connection pooling!
- Actively being developed (I use it in my own projects!) – not some dead-end code
The basic idea behind AjaxAC is that you create an AjaxAC application, which in itself contains a number of action handlers and event handlers. An application in this context might mean an entire web site powered by AJAX, or it could mean a subset of a form (such as the CountryRegionCityJax example, which could be a small part of a signup form, for example).
- Built in functionality for creating subrequests and handling them
- Allows for custom configuration values, so certain elements can be set at run time
- Easy to integrate with templating engine due two above 2 reasons
- Easy to hook in to existing PHP classes or MySQL database for returning data from subrequests
AJAX framework for ASP.NET
Ajaxium 2.0 is designed as an ultimate AJAX engine for the entire ASP.NET pages including all standard,custom and most of third-party ASP.NET controls. In contrast to other AJAX-based approaches and huge AJAX frameworks, Ajaxium-powered sites remain accessible to all search engines and old browsers due to an automatic and silent degradation to the classic ASP.NET.
ASP.NET AJAX is a free framework for quickly creating a new generation of more efficient, more interactive and highly-personalized Web experiences that work across all the most popular browsers.
With ASP.NET AJAX, you can:
- Create next-generation interfaces with reusable AJAX components.
- Enhance existing Web pages using powerful AJAX controls with support for all modern browsers.
- Continue using Visual Studio 2005 to take your ASP.NET 2.0 sites to the next level.
- Access remote services and data directly from the browser without writing a ton of complicated script.
- Enjoy the benefits of a free framework with technical support provided by Microsoft.