Adobe announced that the Adobe AIR 2 runtime is now available for download (Windows, Mac, and Linux). It can be found here.
- Native Process API
- Open documents with the user’s default application
- Microphone data access
- Mass storage device detection
- Updated, faster WebKit with enhanced support for HTML5 and CSS3
- Multi-touch and gestures
- TLS/SSL sockets
- Global error handler
- New networking support including UDP and server sockets
- Screen reader support (Windows)
- Reduced CPU usage on idle
- .rpm and .deb installer packages for the runtime on Linux
- Native installers for applications (.exe, .dmg, .rpm, .deb)
The release notes can be found here. You can find information about getting started, system requirements, supported languages, what’s new, installation, uninstalling, tips/tricks, issues/limitations, etc.